Maastricht University (UM) is a top-ranked international university, renowned for the quality of the research undertaken in many areas. Researchers at UM work in multidisciplinary teams and in close cooperation with international institutes, business and industry. UM researchers have attracted international attention by taking the lead in several large European research projects. The Dpt of Precision Medicine is an exponentially growing department focussing on Convergence Sciences: projects lying at the intersection of the clinic, technology and biology (visit www.precisionmedicinemaastricht.eu and watch the animation: https://vimeo.com/241154708
The Dpt of Precision Medicine currently has a vacancy for a:
with an interest in software for medical applications
In this project, you will design new software for medical applications in particular in oncology.
We are looking for a positively minded computer scientist motivated to learn new approaches and ready to work hard to build a promising career. Our ideal candidate has:
- Software Developer Skills and Qualifications, in particular:
- Java Applets,
- Web Programming Skills,
- Web User Interface Design,
- Software Requirements,
- Software Development Process,
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD),
- Software Debugging
- Docker, Kubernetes
- A degree in programming: bachelor or master
- Positive track record with software interfaces
- Fluency in English, both in writing and speaking;
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is an independent and practical personality who
- Is able to take initiatives.
- Has the ability to get up to speed quickly on new issues and to make sound judgements on them
- has a can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Maintains focus
- Has the ability to plan own workload effectively
- Has a sociable personality and good communication skills
Your place of employment is Maastricht, but you are willing to travel
Conditions of employment and salary are based on the Collective Labour Agreement for the university. Furthermore, our Agreement offers an extended package of secondary benefits, including a holiday bonus, a yearly bonus, bonus to work from home and excellent health insurance arrangements. For international candidates a compensation for moving and a tax reduction scheme can be applied.
Further information will be gladly given by firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Henry Woodruff, Deputy Head of the D-Lab. Your application should be sent to email@example.com or and include a curriculum vitae, a motivation for your application and a list of achievements. We would welcome recommendation letters.
Your application letter and curriculum vitae can be submitted before 20 October 2020: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/294797/java-developer/