Looking for: Applicants with backgrounds from (Bio)medical engineering, technical medicine, physics, machine learning, computer science, or equivalent, with an interest for quantitative imaging, Deep Learning and “Radiomics”
In this project, you will extract quantitative features from (pre)clinical medical imaging data sets (PET/CT, Cone beam CT, MR, PET, tissues) to ultimately serve as imaging biomarkers to predict patient survival and other outcome measures. Your research will involve utilizing a high-throughput image characterization workflow and relating quantitative image features to outcome using a so-called “radiomics” and/or Deep Learning approach (see animation on www.radiomics.world). Predictive and prognostic models will be developed using existing and future patient cohorts from multicentric trials conducted throughout the Europe and the US. You will have access to several training courses organized within the consortium.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Completed a Masters (or equivalent) degree in biomedical engineering, physics, computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or equivalent technical training
- Preferably experience with modelling techniques/machine learning techniques
- Preferably experience with imaging techniques (CT, MRI, PET), DICOM and image analysis
- Programming experience in Java, C/C#/C++ or R
- Familiarity with object oriented programming principles
- Familiarity with relational database systems (SQL) preferred.
- Familiarity with semantic web technology (RDF, Sparql) preferred.
- Fluently in English, both writing and speaking
- Readiness to travel to Europe for longer durations
- An independent and practical personality and you are able to take initiatives.
- We are looking for a positively minded scientist motivated to learn new approaches and ready to work hard to build a scientific career. The candidate should have a sociable personality with good communication skills, a problem-solving attitude, learn fast to plan his own workload effectively and to delegate when necessary and have conceptual ability.
Please follow the link to submit your application: